Tuesday, September 23, 2008

CAMPING, OR CLOSE TO IT!

This past weekend we went camping with the Hirschi family. It was my Mom's 20th birthday so we decided to spend a few days out in the open. My dad was crazy enough to give her a puppy, (she has been begging for five years) he is not a dog person! She was so excited and so was Brooklyn, she didn't put her down all weekend. They named her Lizzie! Isn't she cute?


Brady loved the 4 wheelers, in his weird scared of everything way!




There were some really fun park toys to play on, a pond to fish in, and a really big field to run around.



We set a trap and caught a cute little rascal, we played with bubbles, and made smores with peanut butter cups! MMMMMM The kids went on some nature walks with grandma and on one they found a wasp's nest (look at the size of it) one of those darn things stung my niece on her lip and on her back. We made a mud mix out of baking soda and put it on the sores. Her lip swelled up and stuck farther out than her nose. It was better a few hours later. I always thought Brookie was tough, I can't believe how well she handled it!






Even though it was windy both days we were there, we had a lot of fun and can't wait to go again.... SOON!

4 comments:

*The Holbrook Family* said...

Looks like fun!! Where did you go? I have been in the mood to go camping lately, and that is totally unlike me! I want somewhere close, and cooler and fun!! Any suggestions?

Domina said...

It looks like you had so much fun!!!

Robyn said...

Kara
That little girl is YOU when I first met you over 25 years ago! Holy Cow!!!! Your kids are beautiful - glad to see you're having a great time being a parent! You've grown up so much! I got your blog off Cathy's - and have had a great time with the pictures and stories. Stay happy!
robcovey71@gmail.com

Whitney said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!

 


Postage Machines