Sunday, June 22, 2008

Introducing...




Cooper Kay Benson

6lbs 8oz   19 1/2 in 

Well, i went to the doctor on Friday and was dialated to a 4 so we decided to call the hospital to see if any beds were available, they were all full but would have one @ 4 pm so i killed some time and went in then. When i got there the bed was still being used so i was put in a temporary room and started on pitocin @ 5. My contractions were almost immediately intensified but not painful, i kinda felt forgotten about because they didn't come back to check me until 2 hours later. (i think because they didn't want to tell me they couldn't give me my epidural because, the anesthesiologist was called into two emergency c-sections.) so @ 7 they moved me to the big room and 30 mins later i was numb :) thank heaven for drugs! They checked me i was a 5+. My nurse wanted me to lay on my left side for 30 min and then she would come back and switch sides. Well when she came back 30 min later she noticed some blood and checked me i was at a 10! A ten at 8 something! THANK HEAVENS i had my epidural in time, i have no desire to experience the pain of childbirth! The pressure to push was immediate but i waited for the doctor, and had him at 9:33 pm. What an exciting day and now i have three kids, how fun!

12 comments:

McEwen Family said...

Congratulations Kara and Josh! A third child! Wow, that's awesome. I'm glad everything went so smooth Kara. Cooper is darling.

Stephanie said...

What a cutie! I can't wait to meet him. 3 kids, that is so crazy. Have fun and we'll see you soon.

Lindz said...

Congrats Kara and Josh!

Cassondra said...

Yay! I am so happy for you. We just got in from out of town and I was anxious to see if there was any baby news from you - Aren't blogs the BEST??
Cooper is a really cute baby! How spoiled are you to have such a quick, simple labor and delivery? What a blessing! Brooklyn and Brady look so proud and excited to have a baby brother! Congratulations to all of you!
P.S. The little sayings by Brooklyn are a crack up!

*The Holbrook Family* said...

Congrats on your new little boy! Love the name! I'm glad that everything went well and quickly!

Brittany Seager said...

Dang, brooklyns make-up looks divine. I am such the favorite aunt. I love them i just wanna squeeze them all! let me know if you need me to come take the "twins" haha away from you. Love ya and hope you like dinner :)p.s. I am going to make COOPER in letters tomorrow. xoxo you rock. way to give birth sista.

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

He is beautiful Kara!! Congrats! Did you deliver at Mtn View? that sounds like something they would do. stick you in a temporary room and forget about you. (cause that is what they did to me) what a fast delivery! you are so lucky! Let me know if you need anything!!

Jamie and Mike said...

Yeah! He's here! I've been checking your blog for progress. He's sooo cute. Glad things went well. Congratulations!!!

Whitney said...

congrats on your cute little baby boy.

Vanessa said...

Congratulations! You'll have to let me know how it is with three! Can't hardly wait to see him out of your belly. Wow. Time flew by fast.

suzanne said...

congratulations!! he is beautiful!

aaron and allee said...

Congratulations, you two! Cooper is simply wonderful and I am glad to hear that his birth went so well!
~Alex (Rawson) Glazier, BHS '98

 


Postage Machines