Thursday, June 12, 2008

BAK BAK RUN--- Here comes the GUN!


Brooklyn has been realizing lately that some of the food she eats used to be alive and living on a farm. She has always known that milk comes from cows and eggs come from chickens, and is starting to understand that some farms raise animals to kill so that we can eat them! (she is OK with that) Yesterday I bought a rotisserie chicken from Costco for dinner, Brookie asked for the leg. As she was eating it she had a few questions for me: "mom is the wing in here?" I told her it is not in her leg but it was still attached to the chicken. Josh likes hot wings and orders them at dinner a lot, Brookie's next question: "can I eat the wings too, before daddy gets home?" I told her if she is still hungry.  A few quiet seconds go by and Brooklyn must of been really thinking about the chicken leg she was eating because the next question out of the blue was: "mom do you think it ran from the gun?"  I silently laughed, and ignored the question, which was easy to do because I was doing the dishes and the water was running, I really did not want to tell her that they hold the poor little chicken down and chop its head off with an ax! I don't think she is old enough too understand that.  I really don't need her to be anymore picky about what she eats than she already is! Bless her little pondering mind! I love her so much!

3 comments:

Cassondra said...

That is SO funny! She is really smart to even think it back that much! I love little moments like these and a blog is the perfect place to store them! I'm going to tell Jake this story. He'll laugh!

suzanne said...

hilarious. she is such a little cutie.

Vanessa said...

I love it! Boy do those moments make parenting worth it.

 


Postage Machines