Monday, October 8, 2007

Small Town Doctors

Brady had a fever on Wednesday I gave him Motrin and it went away, on Thursday he didn't have one so I thought it must have been his teeth. Friday morning my sister called and said her little boy had just been to their local quick care and had Bronchitis, well the kids had already been exposed to eachother just a few days earlier so we decided to still go and have fun. We left for my sisters friday afternoon and Brady was fine... about 30 minuets into the drive he coughed and it sounded like a seal. Josh said "lets turn around." half joking. Friday night he kinda had a fever but Saturday morning was another story he had small dark circles under his eyes and he was shaking every now and then. I was worried about his oxygen level but thought I would wait until we got back home to see a doctor. My sister said the doctor told her to come back if her little girl started to show signs so we took them in. Well the doctor was too busy to see them but decided it was the same and gave them an antibiotic for the infection. The nurse told us what to do. He seems to be doing better, but we decided to take Brady into his pediatrition today. He told us that children do not get Bronchitis, they can get Bronchialitis, but it is usually Pneumonia or RSV. The doctor told us Brady has Crupe, we are now giving him a steriod to prevent his larnix from swelling. This will help him get enough oxygen so he doesn't get worse. I feel really good we took him in to see his doctor today.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Oooh so sad i hate giving breathing treatments to kids. Get Well Soon Brady

Vanessa said...

I am so sorry. When Daniel was one, he had bronchialitis, crupe and a cold all back to back, but the crupe cough is the worse. Let me know if you need anything!

Brittney said...

Ok... Oh no! Seriously, what else can happen to brady?!?Poor boy... Good thing you a a great mom! Love you all!

 


Postage Machines