Monday, August 25, 2008

Stapled Shut!!!!



Brooklyn took a little trip to the ER while we were in Kanab.
She was standing on a small wooden swing and tried to sit. She lost her balance and smacked her head on the concrete.






At the hospital she was so brave! (with some help from her magic diamond)






She even smiled when the ER nurses came in to take her temp., her pulse ox, and then put some numbing gel in her wound.

30 min later they cleaned it and the doctor came in to staple it shut! She was a little scared of the doctor, he had no bedside manner, he even showed her the long needle he was going to use to make sure it was numb and told her to hold still or it could break off in her head! I'll let you imagine her excitement, but she held very still and survived!




You can tell why josh decided we better take her in. It bled a lot and when it stopped bleading we could tell how deep it was. It looks so much better closed! Much to my surprise she is doing so good, she hasn't told me it hurts once. I have said it before and I'll say it again "she is one tough cookie"

15 comments:

Stephanie said...

oooh, I feel so bad. I hope she's better before school starts!

hugsnkisses said...

Thank heaven for magic diamonds, and mommies who will keep a good supply on hand! Love you, Brooklyn

Amy said...

Brookie I'm so glad that you are such a tough little cookie! We love you!

Zach and Zaira Benson said...

poor thing! we miss you guys and we are SO excited to see you in 2 days! I can't wait to play with little Brookie

Zobrist Family said...

Holy Crap! Good thing she had that diamond! :-) And a doctor with really good bedside manner....!

Heather said...

I just about fainted with that gash!!

Cassondra said...

She must get the "tough cookie" gene from you, kara, cause I would have past out if one of my girls had a gash that size gushing blood from their head. Way to go! And where can I find some of those magic diamonds? Brilliant idea! I'm glad she's feeling better!

Terra Zobrist said...

Well now I'm not the only one with bloody head wounds on my blog.

Kerry said...

He really told her the needle would break off in her head if she moved. How can a guy with no brain make it through medical school. Way to go brookie that must be a powerfull diamond!

Scarlet said...

So not fun but of course you Kara was probably like-"It's ok, no big deal" cause you are super mommy!

Thanks for leaving me high and dry at the shower and you know what I'm talking about!

Cassondra said...

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY, KARA!!! I hope it was a fun one!

Jamie and Mike said...

Poor Brooklyn. Hope she's feeling better.

Stephanie said...

Hey Sis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! by the way, you've been tagged. Go to my blog to see what to do.

Anonymous said...

Freezing veggies ought to only be used as a final option home based cooking. Though they can be affordable and in most cases offered year-rounded, they fall considerably short of fresh vegetables in a number of significant areas. Frosty greens have shed some of their healthy vitamins and nutrients. They generally have bad food preservatives. In addition they usually preference a whole lot worse than their refreshing brethren. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Sca46ujdin[/url]

Anonymous said...

Eating a lot of red meat or refined various meats, like bacon and lunchmeats, present a greater threat for colo-rectal malignancy. This threat can be related to the body fat, salt, iron and nitrites in these kinds of meats. Attempt to minimize on steak and try far healthier alternatives like turkey, fowl and sea food. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Slitr567her[/url]

 


Postage Machines